So, I’m a pretty massive fan of To-Do lists. Any of my friends can assure you I’m the kind of person to write something down that I’ve already done, just for the simple joy of crossing it off. So I figured what a better way to get a blog rolling then with some good ol’ go to lists. At least they’re not to do lists, right?
Ten Facts About Lauren Elyse
- I went to the same summer camp for ten years, YMCA Camp Chief Hector, and would do anything to go back
- My hair has been every (hair) color under the sun. Primarily in junior high. Red, brunette, pink highlights… Thankfully a natural blonde again!
- I’m semi-obsessed with the Olympic Games, and want to work in high performance amateur sport
- I’ve been to 31 different airports
- Met my boyfriend at a skating rink. Yup, that happened.
- I taught myself guitar when I was 16 years old, and played in coffee shops after high school
- I’m procrastinating doing homework right now
- Met my best friend because we dated the same guy in high school way back when
- Learning how to cook is one of my biggest accomplishments
- I worked at Starbucks for a year, and could still probably make any drink on the spot
- Coffee and tea. I start every single morning with coffee. Some could call it an addiction
- Hot yoga. While I don’t have time for it often, it makes my entire week when I can go!
- That second playlist at the pool during our practices that’s NOT classic rock and oldies
- The necklace I wear everyday from my mother on the 20th birthday, that says “Live Out Loud”
- Country music! Best music for any type of mood you need to be in.
- Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Go read it. Right now.
- Obsessed with the tv show Castle. Nathon Fillion, you get me. It’s okay.
- The super tender flank steak my mother makes whenever I come home.
- Back one a half pike on the 1m springboard, and front two and a half with a full twist on 3m springboard
- When I don’t have to set an alarm in the morning
- Spicy foods. I can’t handle it. I can’t even pretend to handle it.
- The paperwork involved in being an international student
- When people ask how “swim” practice went
- When my dishwasher is so loud it sounds like a fighter jet
- When people ask “Really? Iowa?” YES. IOWA. IT’S AWESOME.
- Tornado warnings. Still not used to them
- “You look tired”
- Not being able to put on body lotion Mon through Sat because of practice
- Figuring out a new way to cite sources