It’s that most wonderful time again, and I figured in the season of December 1st it’s time to share my holiday favorites! December brings out the best of the cold weather, in my opinion, including the lights, snow, street hockey, skating, and food.
- Hands down, being at home with my family.
- Christmas food! The baking, the cider, the ham and potatoes and now I’m drooling (lets ignore the fact I just ate all of this at my American Thanksgiving celebrations)
- Our annual caroling party! While growing up this party was skating and caroling, we still get together every year to eat sing and be merry
- Christmas Eve street hockey, and continuing my goal to touch the puck at least once!
- Zoolights, and last but not least,
This year I’m going to plan a to-do! I know this time will go by faster than I think, with a blink of an eye, and I don’t want to miss it. I want to take advantage of every winter opportunity I’ve got this season, and I know how unbelievably easy it is to just get busy unless I make these things a priority. So excluding the obvious, like buying Christmas presents
and gaining five pounds, here are some extras I want to accomplish this season
- Go ice skating, once in Iowa and once in Calgary
- Try a new Christmas themed baking recipe (and blog about it!)
- Decorate my itty-bitty college apartment, in some tiny way
- Spend a day in the mountains
- Catch up with everyone to whom I say “let’s grab a coffee”
And of course, writing about all the above :)