Well this is fun. First three days of being a part of the Her Campus Blogger Network and I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award!
I was nominated by Jackie who writes at http://www.penneandpearls.blogspot.com. She’s got way more information on style (and Boston!) than I do, and would highly recommend giving her a read! While the title is officially “Award” winning a Liebster is more like a game! There are rules: after posting 11 facts about myself, I have to answer 11 of Jackie’s questions. The goal is recognize and share blogs with less than 200 followers, so I’m also allowed to nominate 11 bloggers for their own Liebster! Here go some of the facts…
- I made a list of ten facts about me, ten things I love, and ten things I don’t love as my second post of this blog. You can find it the “About Me” section!
- While I love, love, love yoga, I have recently discovered I am terrible at trying to do it at home by myself (I need that class motivation!)
- I’ve been super into pearls recently- maybe I’m growing up?
- One of my biggest fears is not being able to afford to take the trips I want to take and see the destinations I dream about traveling too.
- I’ve probably only played guitar 4 times in the past year but I can’t bring myself to sell it!
- Every single day I am reminded that moving to Iowa was one of the smartest things I ever did.
- Proposal videos on YouTube make me cry, unless it’s a flash mob. Not a fan.
- While I’m a massive fan peanut butter (creamy not chunky!) anything peanut butter flavored like granola bars I can’t stand
- Just thinking about the Olympic Hockey tournament for men and women gives me mild anxiety (GOLD baby! Go Canada Go!)
- I’ve accidentally lost 15lbs since coming to college. It’s like the “Reverse Freshman Fifteen”
- I can’t pick up a book to read for fun during the semester, or I won’t do anything else like homework, cooking, cleaning, etc., till I’m finished with it
And now for Jackie’s questions…
What is your must have/go to beauty product? Without a doubt, Aveeno Ultra Calming SPF 15 facial moisturizer. My face would in all probability fall off without it.
Why did you start your blog? I love to write. It was fairly simple. I honestly just love to write, and needed an outlet. Writing a blog about being an international division 1 student-athlete seemed unique enough to jump start it, and lauren elyse CAN took off from there. I never have to think about what to write or force myself to post, it just happens naturally.
What is your favorite quote? “Promise me you will not spend so much time treading water and trying to keep your head above the waves that you forget, truly forget, how much you have always loved to swim” Tyler Knott Gregson. Side Note- I’m a huge huge fan on inspiration, heart warming, or thought provoking quotes. I even have a blog category for it!
If you had to eat only one dish for the rest of your life what would it be? WHY WOULD YOU ASK SUCH A HARD QUESTION I LOVE FOOD OKAY! Umm probably the rack of lamb that my mother makes whenever I go home. With black forest cake. And wine.
What is your most prized possession? I’m not telling :) But I will say I couldn’t live a single day without my bright orange Moleskine day planner. Necessary is an understatement!
Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13-year-old self? Do everything exactly as you’re doing, except science. Try harder. You are not that bad at it, so stop with the negative self talk. You are smarter than you believe. And maybe no pink highlights in your hair.
What is your dream career? I want to help athletes reach their greatest potential. I want to work with Olympic Committees, high-performance hopefuls, athlete services, or event management. I want to remove barriers like finances for national team athletes, and help up and comers to access the information and resources they need to become the best they can possibly be.
Do you have siblings? Yes ma’am! My older sister has kept me grounded when I need it, given me confidence when I am unsure, and knows exactly what I want her to say when I come to her for advice.
Who would you choose to play you in a movie? Blake Lively hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Who is your favorite fictional character? Probably Olivia Pope from Scandal- the woman is brilliant and mean in all the right ways and even has her own acronym: WWOPD?
What is your favorite candy? If chocolate counts as candy, probably Kit Kats! If not, Fruit Gushers.
I’ll post my questions and those who I nominate for the Liebster Award in my comment section!!